Poverty

Poverty
Jakarta Slum Home

Thursday, April 8, 2010

DAY TWO

Greetings!

I must say, it's only day two and I am EXHAUSTED! I think I was just expecting my body to feel normal, however every tiny movement seems like a huge exasperated motion...which should have been expected. Hahahaha that expectation destroyed me today, as I was walking up the stairs I was thinking 'man this is really hard, huh how strange' not registering that my calorie intake for the entire day has only been around 600 calories. I couldnt imagine what they body feels like eating like this every day for a lifetime while doing hard physical labor for 14 hours a day, it really puts it into perspective how small of a sacrifice this really is. Even if I moved to an area of extreme poverty and lived there, I would never truly know poverty because I will always have other resources if necessary. I will always be an American, I would still have family in America, or friends, or a church, I can never know this alternate life. I am very grateful for the food I was able to eat today, every bite was just this incredible worship experience and I praised God for blessing me and fulfilling my need.

Today my food looked like this

Breakfast: one cup of black coffee $.06
1 oz of bread $.20
orange $.18
Lunch: Ramen noodles $.18
Dinner: 1 cup broccoli $.14
1/2 raisins $.16
2 tbs peanut butter $.14

Make sure you check out Sams blog for a good read, she is quite the writer!!! Thank you friends for the encouragement may the mercy and grace of Jesus be yours today!

No comments:

Post a Comment